IMPORTANT - CHANGES TO EAGLE EXTENSIONS (Eff. Jan 1, 2021):
- COVID extensions are NO LONGER GRANTED. COVID restrictions have been with us for over 9 months, so it is not longer an "unanticipated" situation and there has been adequate time to plan around it. COVID extensions granted before Jan1, 2021, continue to be in force until they expire.
- The temporary COVID adjustments to TFC requirements and various merit badges DO CONTINUE until we are notified otherwise. Obviously, a Scout can't Eagle if they still have open TFC requirements. But, for example, if he/she completed hiking MB during the period of time with "suspension" of req. 9b, that is fine. The MB is earned and he/she does not have to go back and complete the suspended requirement.
- ALL other Eagle extension requests are now handled by Council and not by National.
- The Council has the authority to grant extensions up to six months beyond a Scout's 18th birthday to complete the Eagle rank.
- To be eligible for an extension, a Scout must meet all three requirements. These have not changed.
- The Scout joined, re-joined or became active again in time to meet all requirements.
Not enough time or ran out of time is not a reason.
- There must be some unforeseen circumstance / life changing event which precludes completion in the remaining time (i.e. something really bad happened).
- The circumstance must be beyond the control of the Scout and could not be anticipated or planned for and was not/could not be resolved in time to complete the requirements.
- To request an Eagle extension, submit the request simultaneously to the District Advancement Chair (Bob Faulkner), Council Advancement Chair (Debra Copley) and Council Advancement Staff (Nathan Doherty). The District will be primarily responsible for investigating the request and Council for evaluating the request.